I am the trans guy in Almost Vegan Trans Guy.
I have recently, over the last 9 months or so, really began delving into vegan cooking. My wife and I have found that I typically cook a lot better when I am cooking vegan or vegetarian, than when I am cooking meat.
I have decided to start this blog for numerous reasons.
- I think that it will really help keep me on track if I am reporting somewhere other than just relying on myself to keep track.
- I would really like to me some other like minded food people. I would also really like to meet some trans people that are really into, or really into the idea, of making an online/email/real life friend where we can cheer for each other and work together.
- I want to eat better because I am on testosterone, and it can cause high blood pressure and heart disease. I want to live as long as I can, and I think if I make it fun, like a blog!, I’ll work harder at my goals.
- I’m a binge eater. I haven’t been diagnosed, because my insurance doesn’t cover eating disorder support. But they will cover gastric bypass. Preventative care? What’s that? I’m working hard to get my eating under control, but it’s a challenge every time I eat.
- I am currently weighing in, as of Friday, September 4th, at 269.2 pounds. I am 5’9″.
I’d like to share updates and recipes. Most are not my own, or I make tweaks. Where I do, I’ll try to make sure that I link the original cook, or at least where I found the link.